Click here to watch video.
View Before & After Gallery.

Lyphazome Technology

Complexity of Design

Kara Vita uses patented, penetrating nanotechnology, known as Lyphazome®, to time-release ingredients deep within the epidermal layers of the skin. Traditional skincare products treat only the skin's surface.

We use tiny delivery vessels known as "nanospheres" to encapsulate ingredients such as pharmaceutical-quality bioactives, actives, and moisture. Once applied, these nanospheres quickly penetrate the skin, sending time-released ingredients, reaching more of the skin than products coating only the surface. Kara Vita products deliver ingredients for eight hours or more, replacing lost nutrients and moisture throughout the day. Such a delivery system brings prolonged corrective action to the skin. Further, our nanospheres form a partnership with the skin, creating a matrix with cells to repair and strengthen the skin's natural lipid barrier for both improved health and appearance.

There is a minimum composition of 80 percent nanosphere-encapsulated ingredient in every Kara Vita formula. The remaining 20 percent non-encapsulated ingredients provide immediate surface benefits, acting like breakfast for the skin.

But beware: not all nanospheres are created equal, nor do they produce the same quality results. More than 14 years of research and development have shown us that Kara Vita's nanotechnology delivers such superior benefits because of perfectly sized nanospheres. Lyphazome® nanospheres measure 125 to 150 nanometers in radius---or 1/50th the size of a human skin cell. They are small enough to easily penetrate the skin's natural surface barrier, but large enough so the body will not counterproductively absorb them prior to full effectiveness.

 

You can only find the patented time-releasing Lyphazome® nanotechnology
within Kara Vita's product formulas!

A Message from our Scientific Advisor, Dr. Michael Fountain, Ph.D., innovator of Lyphazome® nanotechnology:

"For the past three decades I have had the privilege of being both a pioneer of nano-scale encapsulation systems, and the developer of the Lyphazome® nanotechnology used within Kara Vita's products.

I began my research and development efforts by applying molecular level engineering to the topical delivery of ingredients to the skin. Advances in the science of molecular modeling and biology allowed us to develop techniques to control the size and biological payload of nanospheres specifically tailored to work synergistically with the skin's natural physiology.

Lyphazome® nanotechnology marks the culmination of my ongoing efforts to produce the highest-quality nano-scale delivery system. We compose our nanospheres from all natural plant lipids, which, when applied topically, form a matrix with cells, enhancing skin strength and structural "integrity."


More than 14 years of research and development support our Lyphazome® nanotechnology and Kara Vita's product collections.

Illustration of a Lyphazome® Nanosphere:

To create our patented Lyphazome™ nanosphere, we simultaneously encapsulate numerous hydrophilic and lipophilic ingredients within a plant-based phospholipids structure.

 

1. Phospholipic Chain creates each nanosphere's structure

2. Hydrophilic (water-loving) bioactives and actives

3. Lipophilic (oil-loving) bioactives and actives

 

 

 

As they penetrate through deeper skin layers, nanospheres break apart due to naturally occurring changes within the skin, slowly releasing bioactive and active ingredients over eight hours or more.

  

 

1.  Phospholipic Chain breaking apart

2. Hydrophilic ingredients slowly releasing

3. Lipophilic ingredients slowly releasing

 

 

Illustration of How Nanospheres Work within the Skin:

 

  
 




1. Kara Vita product formula APPLIED to the skin; 20 percent of ingredients provide immediate surface benefits

2. An 80 percent or greater nanosphere-delivered ingredient CONCENTRATION penetrates the Stratum Corneum

3. Nanospheres MIGRATE through the Stratum Corneum

4. Nanospheres form a RESERVOIR between the Stratum Corneum and Stratum Granulosum

5. Nanospheres TIME-RELEASE bioactive and active ingredients within the Stratum Corneum and deeper epidermal layers over eight hours or more

6. Released ingredients slowly PENETRATE deeper epidermal layers

 
Actual photo of skin biopsy highlighting rhodimine-filled Lyphazome® nanospheres

 

 

Photo shows nanosphere penetration
and location within Stratum Corneum.